21 March 2008

Gettin' ready for Sunday

Today was spent riding the bicycle for 2 hours easy, doing some laundry, and cleaning the ol bike hiding from the vindictive weather that has been blowing through for the past week. The last few days I have ridden through some fickle weather consisting of sunshine, clouds, rain, hail, and of course wind. The weather around Belgium tends to tease you quite a bit giving you a sense of liveliness one moment then dejection the next. It isn’t too bad; it just keeps riding very interesting and fun. Thursday was the only time where I would take shelter on the rollers only to observe, out the window, that it turned out to be a delightful day. But I did need to recover and have a nice spin so I wasn’t too displeased with the dry pavement and sunshine that I saw.

So now I am just recovering and preparing myself for the race this Sunday, the Challenge de Hesbaye-Trognee. I have been sleeping more consistently and my legs are feeling better from the training this week. My goal for this race will be to keep my position and finishing the race. The forecast calls for harsh weather consisting of rain, wind, and snow to compliment the name of the race. I am looking forward to it and will let you know how it goes. That’s all for now, tot ziens!